As we know that using SIM cards registered in other’s names is illegal. Recently NTA brought a short notice about requesting SIM card users in Nepal to register in their own name because the government is going to launch a new appl called Nagarik Adhikar App in which users need to register with their own registered number. This will ultimately decrease the use of sims registered on other’s name for illegal activities like VOIP calls and frauds. So, NTA also ordered all of the Telecom companies to allow the users to see the name of the owner of currently being used sim by the users.
NTA also has planned to develop the system called e-KYC system for SIM Card registration which allows the user to get sim easily without following a tedious process like filling forms, giving fingerprint stamps and all. After this user will no need to carry a copy of official documents like citizenship, driving license or passport, they just need to tell national ID card numbers and users need to give their fingerprint to get SIM card.
Ok now coming into the point, in this article we will be talking about how to know the owner’s name of the sim card that you are currently using.
Check Owner’s name in Nepal Telecom SIM (NTC)
To check the registered name for Ntc SIM card/mobile number,
- To check the registered name by USSD, you need to dial *922#.
- Then you will get the display notification of SIM registered name.
- BY SMS, you need to send a message “scode” to 1415.
- then you will get the name for whom the SIM card was registered along with the reset of the security code.
Check the owner’s name in Ncell SIM.
To check the name for Ncell SIM card/mobile number, you need
- to dial *9966# which will tell the name of the registration for that SIM.
- You can also press whether the name displayed is correct or incorrect.
Ncell customers can also check the SIM card name from their Ncell app. If you do not have the app, then download the app and log in to check the owner’s name.