How To Verify eSewa account (Fill KYC form) ?
After registering and activating eSewa account user need to verify their eSewa account . Verification process is know as KYC . As per new regulation from NRB, customers without complete Know Your Customer (KYC) Data will not be eligible to initiate transactions more than Rs. 500. Hence, user need to fill up the KYC Details and upload therir identification documents (Citizenship/Driving License/Passport) including recent formal Passport sized photo. So to use all the services of eSewa user need to verify . Note that the size of each document uploaded shall not exceed 1 MB. Please ignore this message if you are already verified.Information, documents and procedures to complete KYC in eSewa has been briefed below:
Note: If you don’t have internet access at you home then you can verify you eSewa account by visiting your nearest eSewa Zone
Advantages of Getting Verified.
- Verified user will be able to transact on extended limit.
- Verified user can received amount from Wester Union directly in their wallet.
- Verified user can withdraw their wallet money to any accounts maintained at eSewa member banks.
- Verified user can tranfer amount from one eSewa wallet to another eSewa wallet.
- Verified user can transact more than NPR.500 at a time and NPR.5000 in a month.
1. Information/Details Required:
eSewa has designed and issued a form that needs to be filled up (either online or physically) and details required are as follows:
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Grandfather’s Name
- Permanent Address (Including Zone, District, VDC/Municipality, Ward, Locality)
- Citizenship Certificate Number (National ID)
- Citizenship Certificate Issued Date
- Issuing District
2. Identification Documents Required:
- Passport Sized Formal Photo
- Clear Scanned Copy of both side of original Citizenship
Size of the each document when uploaded should not exceed 1 MB and must be in jpeg format.
3. Cases of Identification Documents Disqualified
3.1. Photographs (with illustration where necessary)
- Inappropriate Dimensions: Documents with dimensions other than prescribed (Passport Sized) are disqualified.
- Photos with informal orientation or gestures (illustrations produced below):
3.2. Other Documents(Citizenship, Passport, Driving License)
- Unclear, blurry or low resolution copy of citizenship certificate/Passport
- Only Single Side of Citizenship Certificate is uploaded
- Contents of Citizenship Certificate/Passport is altered, erased or tampered with
- Signature of authority is missing or doubtful
4. Process of Submitting KYC Request Online
4.1. Login eSewa page through www.esewa.com.np
4.2. Login with your eSewa Credentials
4.3. Go to My AccountTab and Click on Profile tab just beneath it.
4.4. Click Identity Verification.
4.5. Fill up details & Upload Documents
Fill up required information and upload identification documents as mentioned. Note that document should be uploaded in .jpg format and each document must be within 1MB size. Click on Submit button after completion
4.6.Click “Confrm” to finally request for KYC verification.
4.7.Your details and documents are requested for verification.
It takes 4-5 business days for your details to be verified.You shall receive a phone call in your registered mobile number by eSewa representatives and may even be asked to visit nearest outlet or branch of eSewa.We also use online platforms such as Skype and Viber to connect to users if necessary and appropriate.You will also see green “Verified” text besides your name in eSewa Login (upper right corner).
Download eSewa Mobile Apps: